Crisis Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Market

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Market Empty Market

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:13 am

Zane's master was already resting while he was out during the nighttime to find some supplies. He was rather glad that it wasn't hot out. He just kept walking looking at his surroundings, checking stalls if there was Earl Grey tea being sold.

Last edited by Zane on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Zane

Stats & Info
Stats: 2
Geass: Pain
Weapon: mixed

Back to top Go down

Market Empty Re: Market

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:20 am

A woman sat behind a stall, relaxing at this slow time of day. The setting sun was on her back and she closed her eyes, hoping to better enjoy its warmth. When she opened them again, her mismatched gaze fell upon a formally dressed man making his way down the street.

Not wanting to seem as if she wasn't doing her job, she busied herself with some objects under the counter and waited for him to walk by, so she could continue to savor her downtime.

S3

Stats & Info
Stats: 15
Geass: (none)
Weapon: (none)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:30 am

As Zane browsed the market, he saw a woman who briefly glanced at him then busied herself. Thinking she may have tea, for some weird reason, he decided to check out her wares.

As he walked, he took out a pocket watch from pocket inside his coat. "I still have plenty of time," he thought out loud and took his time walking towards the stall.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:36 am

To her slight dismay, he slowed. It was awfully hard to look busy when there wasn't anything else that needed to be done.

Oh well, she sat back and dropped her hands into her lap. There was nothing she could do but wait.

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:39 am

"Hello, ma'am," Zane greeted the woman. "Do you, by any chance, have Earl Grey tea?"

She looked a bit bored and a little sad, but he wasn't sure if he was just over reading things.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 am

He was dressed very formally, now that she got a closer look. Which was matched by his speech.
And he was asking for Earl Grey...
She realized she was staring and smiled apologetically, "Welcome," she said, "I don't have any Earl, but I have something better!"

The woman handed him a package of tea leaves that smelled deep and rich. Maybe she was being biased - but it was her favorite.

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:55 am

Zane blinked when he caught her staring but smiled at her either way. I suppose I stand out with my clothing.

He took the package of tea leaves. "Indeed, from its smell alone," he glanced at her, looking as if she really liked the tea leaves. "It seems wonderful. May I ask what this tea is called?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:04 am

"How is it that no one's ever asked??" she laughed, "I suppose we do need a name for it..."

She tapped her bottom lip with her finger and stood. Realizing how terrible she was at this sort of thing, she admitted, "It doesn't have one yet. But it should be something inspiring! And...plain."

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:07 am

Zane smiled, stifling his laughter. "Well, if that is so," he held out the package of tea and said, "May I be so bold to ask of your name?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:16 am

It couldn't hurt. "I'm Alessia. Who might you be??"

She looked at the tea for a second, unsure whether or not he was handing it back to her.

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 am

"Such a wonderful name," he said looking at her, and seeing slight doubt in her eyes. "I am Zane, a butler of House Michaels."

And with a smile, he said, bringing the tea in front of her vision. "Why do we not call this tea "Alessia" then? Do you not think it would be appropriate?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:33 am

A butler...

"That would explain the suit, then," Alessia gestured at his clothes.

Did she think it would be an appropriate name?? Couldn't say. She'd never had anything named after her. It seemed so..prideful.
Which - when she thought about it - was precisely what she thought about the tea. She had grown, the leaves and mixed them herself, and it was wonderful tea. So, perhaps it was fitting, afterall.

"It would be a fine name," she finally answered, "Thank you for saving me from having to think of a name. As payment, that bag's free of charge."

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:38 am

"Yes," he took the package. "As a butler, it is only appropriate. As such, I do not think I can just take these from you."

He smiled, he still had time and this girl was rather interesting. Looking at her, she doesn't seem like a local. "Forgive my rudeness, but you are not a local, are you not?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 am

"It's not taking. You've rendered me a service, and it would be an insult to the hospitality of my stall if I let you give more than you receive," she replied with a completely straight face.

The sun had set below the horizon created by surrounding buildings. Shadows were falling in the corners of the streets, and the stillness of nightwas approaching. Alessia pulled her armsclose to herself to ward off the nascent chill.

"Is it that obvious??"

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:53 am

"If that is how you see it," he smiled. "Then you have my sincerest gratitude for these. I'm sure my master would like them."

He watched her poker face, seemingly irritated by his question.

"I had to look closely. I apologize for the ill-comfort my question may have brought." His eye caught sight of a brooch, scattered with her wares.

"You look sad, ma'am. Are you quite all right?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:04 am

She was a little suprised by his last question, but was able to politely skate by - without answering - by, instead, waving off his apology, "It's fine. I am clearly not Chinese. And, neither do you seem to be," she searched his face for any reaction that may not be in his words.

He was pleasant enough to talk to but there was something about his bearing that didn't fit.

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:08 am

She seemed to avoid the topic, and though he knew he shouldn't, he felt like doing so. I'll never be a successful butler this way. But she's interesting.

"You are right. I'm Britannian," he said. "I feel as though I've intruded your personal space. If you have any questions that bother you about me, please say it so. I shall answer it to the best of my abilities."

Maybe using myself bait would get her to open up...

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:24 am

She wondered of he got tired of speaking in such long sentences and even considered asking, but thought better of it. If he wanted a mouthful every time he spoke, what business was it of hers?? Besides, it's not as if his voice was difficult to listen to.

Perhaps she was just being paranoid, so far from home, she told herself. His volunteered open-ness was disarming, and she found herself relaxing a bit.

"My what a small world. I'm also Britannian. Here on business," she spread her arms, indicating her stall, "as you can see. What's taken a butler so far from home??"

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:35 am

He smiled to himself. At least, her barrier seemed to crack but he wasn't counting for it to break. She seemed guarded enough and he didn't want to push it, seeing as she might withdrew altogether.

"Ventured out so far for business?" he smiled. "To answer your question, my master wanted to see China. And so here we are. Her favorite tea ran out, however."

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 am

"Wanted to see China?? There's an awful lot of China to see, don't you think?? Although," Alessia glanced down at her table, "I suppose that's part of the reason I'm here, as well. We don't normally come this far... But I wanted to."

She looked around and noticed that the street was practically deserted.

"I hope I'm not keeping you from your errands."

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:52 am

"It is as you say, my lady," he smiled. "China is rather big, but just to see a fraction of it was enough, says my master."

He took out his pocket watch and looked at the time. "No, do not worry. I have still plenty of time," he pocketed the watch. "You wanted to come so far out to China. But I do not think it is only because you wanted to do business here. Is there any other reason, if you do not mind me asking?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:45 am

"Now, what would make you question my motives?? Do I seem suspicious??" She smirked, "Perhaps I am. What am I doing here?? You could say part of my life's ambition involves 'seeing' China and it's people. So, it may be that we're here for the same reason."

She doubted it. But there was a small chance, so she wasn't lying. Technically.

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:06 am

Zane laughed and waved his gloved hand. "Not at all, lady Alessia. I was merely curious." Smirking, he continued to speak. "How long have you been staying in China, my lady?"

It's not that he doubted her, but there just seemed to be something that was off. He couldn't say for sure if it was in a positive or negative note so he opted to continue prying.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by S3 Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Alessia shivered and rubbed her arms. Now that she looked around once more she noticed it was quite dark. Dark enough to have usually had her stall packed up and closed. Yet here she was, inclined to talk to this stranger until it was cold enough to make her want her coat.

"I just got here a couple days ago," she answered, "But I don't think I'll be able to stay as long as I'd like. I'm also curious about the length of your stay."

S3

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:34 am

He noticed Alessia shivering. "I see. Where would you go next?" he smiled, walked around the stall and placed his coat on her. "How long we would stay - that all depends to the ojou-sama."

"It's time for you pack up, yes? I would like to help you do so, since I kept you," he said, taking off his gloves. "And please, I would feel bad if you don't let me."

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: